Marion Vieweg – Founder
I am a senior energy and climate policy advisor based in Berlin, Germany. I specialise in analysing energy and climate policy, mitigation options, climate finance and the linkages to sustainable development, and have 24 years of experience in fair trade, the private sector and climate policy.
I have worked as a consultant for Ecofys and Climate Analytics and as a programme officer at the UNFCCC Secretariat, and have extensive experience in the design, monitoring and evaluation of mitigation policies, as well as being one of the lead authors of the WRI GHG Protocol Policy and Action Standard.
- In-depth knowledge of mitigation options in developed and developing countries at the technological level, in the context of enabling frameworks and climate finance
- Strong experience in assessing and quantifying energy and climate change policies, institutional frameworks and barriers
- Ability to link the climate change debate to the sustainable development agenda
- Solid experience in international climate negotiations
- Excellent knowledge of MRV of developing countries under the UNFCCC, in particular the preparation of Biennial Update Reports (BURs) and the International Consultation and Analysis (ICA) process.
- Excellent analytical skills spanning from policy to data analysis
- Convincing presentation and communication of results
- Results oriented development of deliverables
- Fast learning and high flexibility
- Track record of successfully managing projects with international teams
- Ability to work under pressure and keep deadlines
I am working with a network of senior experts at SQ Consult. The network allows to address questions with a wide range of expertise. With 15+ years of experience, each network member is dedicated to deliver highest quality. Associated have worked for high-end, mostly public clients, including the European Commission, the World Bank, and other multilateral financial institutions.
Founded in 2014, Current Future provides services related to climate change mitigation and its link to sustainable development. Based in Berlin, services are provided globally, including
- Research & analysis
- Methodology development
- Quality control
- Design of projects, workshops and research activities
- Workshop facilitation & working group coordination
Since August 2014 I am a senior associate at SQ consult, a strong network of international senior experts that combine policy, legal, technical, economic and financial expertise.
CO-Founder & Director
In August 2020 I, together with two colleagues, founded a not-for-profit organisation dedicated to accelerating the transition towards sustainable mobility in low- and middle income countries. Check out our website!
Selected work experience
April 2015 – December 2015
Programme Officer, ICA Support Unit
Support and implementation of the TTE training programme
Support to the first rounds of technical analysis under the ICA.
February 2011 – January 2014
Tracking emission commitments and actions of countries
Supporting negotiators from Least Developed Countries and Small Island Developing States.
June 2008 – November 2010
Consultant International Climate Strategy
International climate negotiations: sectoral approaches; Nationally appropriate mitigation actions (NAMAs) for developing countries
Climate policy evaluation: low carbon scenarios; policy comparison and evaluation; policy design
M.Sc. Energy Management
University of Koblenz / Landau – October 2006 – March 2009
- Renewable energy technologies
- International and national (German) climate- and energy policy
- German energy law
Dipl. oec. Economics
Hohenheim University – October 1991 – February 1999
- Agricultural Economics of the Tropics and Subtropics