Marion Vieweg – Founder
I am a senior consultant on energy and climate strategies working in Berlin, Germany. I specialise in the analysis of energy and climate policy, mitigation options, climate finance and the link to sustainable development with 18 years of experience in fair trade, the private sector and climate policy.
I have worked as a consultant for Ecofys and Climate Analytics and as program officer at the UNFCCC secretariat, with extensive experience in designing, monitoring and evaluating mitigation measures and is one of the lead authors of the WRI GHG Protocol Policy and Action Standard.
- Sound knowledge on mitigation options in developed and developing countries at the technological level, related to enabling frameworks, and climate finance
- In-depth experience in evaluation and quantification of energy and climate policy, institutional frameworks and barriers
- Ability to link the climate change debate with the sustainable development agenda
- In-depth experience in international climate negotiations
- Excellent knowledge of MRV of developing countries under the UNFCCC, especially on the preparation of biennial update reports (BURs) and the international consultation and analysis (ICA) process
- Excellent analytical skills spanning from policy to data analysis
- Convincing presentation and communication of results
- Results oriented development of deliverables
- Fast learning and high flexibility
- Track record of successfully managing projects with international teams
- Ability to work under pressure and keep deadlines
I am working with a network of senior experts at SQ Consult. The network allows to address questions with a wide range of expertise. With 15+ years of experience, each network member is dedicated to deliver highest quality. Associated have worked for high-end, mostly public clients, including the European Commission, the World Bank, and other multilateral financial institutions.
Founded in 2014, Current Future provides services around climate change mitigation and linking this to sustainable development. Based in Berlin, services are delivered globally, including:
Research & analysis
Development of methodologies
Conceptual design of projects, workshops and research activities
Workshop facilitation & coordination of working groups
Selected work experience
April 2015 – December 2015
Programme Officer, ICA Support Unit
Support and implementation of the TTE training programme
Support to the first rounds of technical analysis under the ICA.
February 2011 – January 2014
Tracking emission commitments and actions of countries
Supporting negotiators from Least Developed Countries and Small Island Developing States.
June 2008 – November 2010
Consultant International Climate Strategy
International climate negotiations: sectoral approaches; Nationally appropriate mitigation actions (NAMAs) for developing countries
Climate policy evaluation: low carbon scenarios; policy comparison and evaluation; policy design
M.Sc. Energy Management
University of Koblenz / Landau – October 2006 – March 2009
- Renewable energy technologies
- International and national (German) climate- and energy policy
- German energy law
Dipl. oec. Economics
Hohenheim University – October 1991 – February 1999
- Agricultural Economics of the Tropics and Subtropics